Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 4 days
Camino Inca to Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail is one of the best treks in the world and Machu Picchu as the final point of this amazing journey (Ollantaytambo, Pacaymayo, Wiñay Huayna)
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Wayllabamba
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco around 07.30 a 08.00 AM in the morning, to take the bus to the city of Ollantaytambo 1,5 hour from Cusco. After we pick up the porters and have a break you will go to KM 82 to begin your trek along the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Herewe have magnificent views of the Cordillera Oriental, especially VERONICA Mountain (5850m). Around KM 82 we take our lunch. After about three hours walking you will have a break. The trek is slowly going up, just to warm you up for the second day! Then you will continue walking towards your first camp around Wayllabamba, on the way you will have a guided tour of the archaeological complex of Llactapata. Dinner and overnight in tents at the campsite. Total distance 10 km. Camp at around 3000m.
Day 2: Wayllabamba – Warmiwañusca – Pacaymayo
After breakfast, the toughest part of the trail begin, walking towards the highest point in the Inca Trail ,where you will have an unbelievable panoramic view of the whole area and will observe different types of microclimates. After a 3 hours walk, you will reach the first pass, named Warmiwañiusca or Dead Woman’s Pass, at approximately 4,200 m. Here, you will have a tremendous feeling of achievement mixed with relief on reaching the top. After lunch you will continue your walking down to Pacaymayo where you will camp and have dinner. Camp at around 3630 m.
Day 3: Pacaymayo – Wiñay Wayna
After breakfast start the descent towards the second most important pass of the trail at 3,850 m having a guided visit at the archaeological complex of Runkurakay and the Inca citadel of Sayacmarca. Continue your trekking towards Puya Patamarka (Cloud-level town), another important archaeological monument, where lunch will be served. After a short break you will continue walking down ,around 2000 Inca stairs to Wiñay Huayna (Forever Young) for a guided visit of this impressive archaeological complex with a spectacular setting. We take dinner and overnight at the camp. Camp at 2700 m We see the climate changing and walk thru rainforest.
Day 4: Wiñay Wayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
After breakfast, we have a very early start to arrive in time for sunrise at Machu Picchu. After a one hour walk through the forest towards the Inti Punku or the Gate of the Sun, also known as the Entrance Gate to Machu Picchu, where you will have the most impressive panoramic view of the citadel. “Lost City of the Incas.” You never gone see Machu Picchu orange , because he’s situated between the mountains ! Your guide will take you throughout the vast ruins for about 2 h . Machu Picchu is the best known of the Inca ruins, as it is recognized worldwide yet it is not mentioned in any of the writings of the Spanish Conquistadors. It is believed to have been constructed around the mid-15th century and was “rediscovered” by American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911. The guided tour of this fascinating place is an awe-inspiring experience. Visit the Main Square, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Circular Towers, the Sacred Sun Dial and Burial Grounds. After the tour you can climb the mountain behind Machu Picchu ,if you have energy left !” Huayna Picchu “, 45 min climb from Machu Picchu. But be careful there is a new rule that there are only 300 persons a day allowed at this mountain and the gate close at 12 h. Its not possible to make reservation .From here you have stunning views over the whole complex !Then you will walk down or drive down by bus to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included). In the afternoon, transfer by train to Cusco or Ollantaytambo. Upon arrival, transfer to your selected hotel
End of our service.
- Train ticket Machu Picchu/Aqua calientes /Cusco. or Ollantaytambo
- Entrance fee to the ruins and the Inca -trail
- Porters for tents and food.
- Cook service.
- Transfers from and to your hotel
- All applicable taxes.
- Bilingual guide
- Camping equipment including tents and mattress, (only mattress you have to carry yourselves!)
- Kitchen tent and eat tent
- Medical Assistance
- Bus Ticket down to Aqua calientes
- All Meals as indicated in the itinerary. 3 breakfast / 3 lunch / 3 diner, Vegetarian food available on request.
- First day your breakfast ,last day your lunch (take some snack with you because the food at Machu Picchu its very expensive)
- Extra nights, (optional not included) at ending point Aqua Calientes, so you can stay some longer at Machu Picchu you need to tell us some days in advance so we buy your return ticket 1 day later!!
- Personal porter, you have to carry your personal belongings yourself, or rent an extra porter, If you like a personal porter, tell it together with your booking, also he need a permit! He can officially carry up to 15 kg +5 kg personal belongings. After booking its not possible anymore .An extra porter for the 4 days cost 98 usd.
- Sleeping bag can be rented, We rent out good sleeping bags til